Sunday, April 19, 2009

New Designer Spot Light







What made you decide to start your own business?
Well I've never liked working for others. Ever since the age of 16 when I had my first job at Chuck E. Cheese, I knew it was going to be a problem. I remember the second day on the job, I had to dress up as Chuck E. and one of the kids next to me threw up. My boss told me to go in the back, get dressed, and clean up the throw up. I refused, over and over until my job was threatened and I gave in, swallowed my pride, and cleaned the mess. From that day on I told my self that whatever i planned on doing for the rest of my life, i would not work for anyone but my self.



What is your business name and why?
As the time passed I became more and more interested in God. Before this time in my life I always told my self that God was for the older people in life, and that i was to young too have the self discipline that adults have. But as i kept putting up walls of resistance, God kept knocking them down. God began to speak to me, and opening my eyes to the worldly things of life. At the age of 18, I began to look at things way different. Things that used to be fun just weren't fun anymore. Things that used to look right now looked wrong.




Is there a meaning behind your business?
As a 18 year old, I began to to look at what i was wearing and asking my self if my appearance was a representation of God. I started to look at it as if i worked for a business and never wore the uniform. None of the customers would ask me question, they would just think i was one of them. Thats how I started to look at the world, i am a servant for God; I work for him. I want people to ask me questions about God and how to serve. Unfortunately at that time in my life, i was wearing the total opposite. I was wearing clothing that i didn't even know what it represented like sculls, death images etc....
How did your business become so prominent in your life?
So i developed a clothing line that represented HIM. I wanted to make a clothing line that anyone could wear but also one look at me and they know what I'm about. I wanted to create clothing that is stylish, but also portrays a positive look. So I started thinking of names, and praying, asking God "What do you want to name your creation?" After I prayed on it for a couple days, My mom came to me with a name. The name was MALACHI. I asked her, " What did he do, and what does his name mean?'" She began to read a scripture it said " See i will send my messenger who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the lord you are seeking will come to his temple the messenger of the covenant, who you desire will come says the lord almighty." Malachi 3:1. Malachi was the last apostle who wrote in the old testaments. He was also the most important apostle in the bible because he sent the message of when the lord was coming. She said you also are trying to send a message, so thats how it became Malachi. I try to send a message through ever shirt. My goal is to help people that are not interested in Word and to hopefully be interested through fashion. I put a scripture on every shirt so they can look it up and find out the images meaning. I am now 20 years of age, i have been doing it for 3 years and what ever God's will is, is also my will and i will never stop pursuing it.
You can find Malachi designs at: www.malachiclothing.com

3 comments:

  1. I love Clothing and i love this great movement. all chirstians everywhere should should have the uniform of god to show that you do work for him! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You story is inspiring! You will go very far. Keep up the good work! I'm so proud of you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. crazy designs!!!

    ReplyDelete